Thursday, November 26, 2009

A MUST READ FOR ALL WHO EVER WENT TO A THANKSGIVING DINNER.copyright by Carlos de la Parra.

My cousin Dolly ,who lives in this dreamlike forest setting in Healdsburg,California,organizes and prepares Thanksgiving reunions,that are totally legendary,not only for the warmth and providing the glue that binds 50 to 60 family and friends joined at the table,and extending this invitation to guests that are usually exchange students in the wine industry,in which she has worked for many years.So although my wife and myself were unable to join everyone at the table this year for reasons involving distance and a tight work schedule,nevertheless we send our love,to Dolly,Charlie,all the aunts ,cousins and friends.
BUT HERE IS THE THAKSGIVING MICROSTORY FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO ENJOY.

The turkey,the yams,the fabulous cheeses,the veggies and wine and desserts,were before us and like millions of thanksgiving celebrators all over the U.S.A. we proceeded to stuff our faces forgetting about any diet,this was not the time to dwell into that,this moment along with the Christmas and holidays was part of the great end of the year eating marathon that we are yearly blessed with.
The next morning,and as I share this with all of you readers,and I hope you are not at this moment eating,
to put in elegant fashion,I went to the bathroom,and disposed of my digestive bowel evacuation.To say it in classic latin  "Excreto ergo sum ".A couple of hours later my wife is having her turn to go to the bathroom,and she says :---Let me borrow the newspaper to see if I can go now ...----I passed her the Appeal Democrat and could not help thinking : Reading as a laxative.
                                                                          THE END. I insist on clarifying that this short story is a work of fiction to be enjoyed as a humorous narrative but in no manner was I referring to my wife or to myself as the central characters, so let's not kill the messenger anyone reading.
KEEP READING ALL OVER THIS SITE,MOST POSTINGS,NOT ALL,ARE BILINGUAL SPANISH-ENGLISH ALTHOUGH I UNDERSTAND THAT GOOGLE IS PROVIDING TRANSLATION TO MOST SPOKEN LANGUAGES,which just brought
me to the thought that this story would be quite funny in  sign language

No comments:

Post a Comment