Wednesday, November 11, 2009

REFLECTIONS FROM THE CRISIS Copyright by CARLOS DE LA PARRA.

THE FOLLOWING NARRATIVE CONTAINS STRONG,DRAMATIC EVENTS TAKING PLACE.  

All of these three microstories are a byproduct of the world economic crisis we find ourselves in.Having said this if you can not stand dark humor DO NOT READ THEM.
Now that you have been duly forewarned,proceed at your own risk.

ONE.

---Yes...this is the emergency room you are calling...---

---...all of my body parts have fallen off...I need an ambulance...---

---...But if all of your body parts have fallen off...how can you call?...---

----...because all I have left is my throat.....

TWO

---It's me again...the guy whose body parts came off...I would like to know the daily price for a stay in the hospital...---

----...well let's see... medical attention...nurses,...treatment and everything...in a case like yours you could be looking at 10 thousand a day for the whole enchilada...---

---...and what about with nothing included?...the crisis has wiped me out....---

---well...we could put you up in the warehouse for free...---

---...yeah...I'll take the freebie...---

----O.K....but dying there is not allowed...if you begin any type of agony...or signs of diying...your stay ends...security would drive you to your nearest friend or relative...---

---...don't worry...I won't die...----

THREE.

---It's me again...I'm calling to cancel the ambulance...---

---...Could you tell me who is calling?---

---...The guy whose body parts are coming off...---

---oh yes...so ...are you feeling better?...---

---no...I'm much worse...---

---...So ...why cancel the ambulance?...----

---...Because I found my dismemberment insurance policy...and I rather keep the money ...instead of risking the hospital taking it...----

---O,K.... We'll cancel the ambulance...hey...congratulations...---

                                                                      THE END....next is the spanish version of this microstory.

No comments:

Post a Comment